$25.00 – $30.00 per hour
We are seeking a Surveyor Technician to join our high-performing team based in Auckland! This is a great time to join a highly successful business that has earned a trusted reputation for the quality of service and build your long-term career with an industry leader. This role will be contributing to the delivery of large projects across Auckland. Reporting to the Team Leader , your ability to build and maintain effective relationships with sub-contractors and manage site construction activities is essential. You will work beside a talented, experienced team, receiving mentoring from some of the best in the industry.
You will be Responsible for?
- determining construction methods, materials and quality standards, and drafting and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction methods and procedures
- organising and directing site labour and the delivery of construction materials, plant and equipment, and establishing detailed programs for the coordination of site activities
- obtaining soil and rock samples at different depths across sites and testing samples to determine strength, compressibility and other factors that affect the behaviour of soil and rock when a structure is imposed and determining the safe loading for the soil
- studying architectural and engineering drawings and specifications to estimate total costs, and preparing detailed cost plans and estimates as tools to assist in budgetary control
- monitoring changes to designs, assessing effects on cost, and measuring, valuing and negotiating variations to designs
- analysing structural systems for both static and dynamic loads
- designing structures to ensure they do not collapse, bend, twist or vibrate in undesirable ways
- assessing present and future travel flow patterns taking into account population increase and needs change
Skills Also Include:
- All site set out work
- Generating set out data using CAD
- Accurate volumetric calculations for month-end claims
- Producing accurate as-built and topographical plans
- Experience with modern survey equipment
What do we need from you?
- A commitment to Health and Safety
- A relevant survey qualification or similar experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a surveyor in civil engineering construction
- Experience with Trimble gear will be an advantage
- Experience with Civil 3D will be an advantage
- Have a valid Driver’s license
Our Company Philosophy
We build and maintain critical infrastructure that connects and enhances communities across Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to airports and utilities. We’re committed to ensuring the Good Work we do will make a positive difference to the quality of life for our people, our customers, and the communities we all call home. Our continued success relies on generating new and diverse ideas, which is why our ‘Good Work’ culture encourages ownership and empowerment, while never forgetting the importance of balancing life’s priorities.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you.
- Company car
- Relocation assistance
- Travel reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
All staff and customers are required to wear a mask, the collection is available, common surfaces are sanitized regularly, vaccination requirements, etc.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Auckland City, Auckland: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Industry: 2 years (Required)
Application Closing Date: Ongoing