$25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Brick and Block Layer
We Kinari Construction mainly from residential construction development. Now, we are urgently looking for experienced Brick and Block Layer to join us. We welcome local people or migrants to work with us.
The key responsibilities of a Brick and Blocklayer are:
- Ascertaining the type of installations that are required and what materials are needed
- Read and follow construction plans, and build or repair walls in accordance with the construction plans and specifications
- A spread soft bed of mortar with a trowel that serves as base and binder for bricks and blocks, using a trowel,
- Make and place mortar to end of bricks and blocks and position block in a mortar bed, embed blocks in a mortar and remove excess mortar,
- Determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using gauge line and level,
- Cut and shape bricks, blocks, and tiles,
- Fasten bricks or terra cotta veneers to the face of structures, with metal ties embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick,
- Joint bricks and blocks,
- Repair and maintain bricks, cement blocks, and related structures
- Apply plaster to walls and ceiling, using a trowel, to complete repair work.
- Have the knowledge of metals and their properties
- Have the ability to interpret technical drawings
- Have knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Reporting to the team leader and working as part of a team.
Skills and Experiences
- We are seeking applicants with various levels of experience, having at least 2 years of brick and block laying
- Be flexible to work in multiple locations in Auckland
- Self-motivated, great communication and interpersonal skills
At least 2 years related work experience
- Relocation assistance
- Travel reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
All staff and customers are required to wear a mask, the collection is available, common surfaces are sanitized regularly, vaccination requirements, etc.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Auckland City, Auckland: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Brick and Block Layer: 2 years (Required)
- Full Drivers License (Preferred)
Application Closing Date: Ongoing